Today I prepped 14+ meals for this upcoming week. I am attempting to complete this HITTMax program that I purchased for only $19. I just wanted a regimen to follow that would keep me moving. I already have been working out, but have not been dedicated like I should. After seeing the instagram page of one of the women doing this program, I realized that I was in the same shape body-wise that she was 2 months before starting HIITMax. I figured, let me really try this out for 60 days and see if I can do what she was able to. I am also using weight watchers because it is easy as hell to use and it had worked for me in the past. (Plus, it’s a very healthy way to teach people to eat right).
FYI, I am vegetarian (technically pescetarian because I eat shrimp, crab, and salmon occasionally). I have been successfully weeding out dairy from my diet. I have had cheese once in awhile, but since I have cut it out from my own grocery shopping altogether, I’m not that into it anymore. I’ve been using vegan varieties when I want to make something nostalgic – like mac and cheese. I may or may not let go of seafood and eggs altogether, but for now it is what it is. I’m reducing gluten and soy in my diet significantly as well.
I was inspired by two recipes I found online and I kind of took bits and pieces of both to experiment with my own for the week. I’m sharing the recipe here because it came out amazing. It ends up being 6 WWPP per serving, which is roughly a cup. After walking 3.2 miles today and being on my feet for the last 5 hours, I think this is going to be a successful journey.
Creamy Squash Pasta (5/30/15) | 6 PointsPlus Value | Serves: 5
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), tiny white onion, cut into 4, grilled
- 1 serving(s) Better Than Bullion – Vegetable 1tsp
- 1 fl oz water
- 28 1/3 oz uncooked butternut squash, steamed, peeled, cut
- 2 1/2 oz uncooked kale
- 4 oz uncooked brown rice pasta, cooked first
- 11 1/2 oz uncooked frozen asparagus, grilled
- 1 tsp dried sage, to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil, to taste1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- saute garlic in oil
- add onion add veggie broth & squash
- add black beans simmer covered 15 mins
- add sage, basil, & salt
- [immersion] blend until smooth & thick
- add kale, cover for 5 mins
- add cooked pasta & grilled asparagus
HIITMax Program: http://www.hiitmax.com/
WW Recipe Link: https://www.weightwatchers.com/util/prt/RecipePage.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=440942119